Original from: Vegan Miam
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans including liquid
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 14-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes including juice
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 2/3 cup diced carrots
- 2 tsp. dried sage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Optional: Add dried chili flakes for mild heat
- In a saucepan or deep skillet, heat the vegetable broth over medium high heat. Add the garlic, onions and dried sage. Cook until garlic is soft and not too brown.
- Add reserved liquid (from the canned beans), beans, tomatoes with juice, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, salt and pepper to taste and simmer mixture, stirring occasionally , until thickened, about 25 to 30 minute until beans are tender. Enjoy!
Happy 2nd Gotcha Day!
What is Gotcha Day? That is the special day when you adopt a dog (or other animal). Two years ago today my husband and I drove from AZ to MO to rescue our sweet little iHop!! It was one of the most fun trips we have ever taken and well worth it. I remember waiting to see iHop for the first time and he was all bundled up in a yellow baby blanket and so very very tiny. It wasn't until we were back on the road that I unwrapped him to see his missing paw. Hard to believe his breeder wanted to throw him out the window. Today iHop is happy and healthy! A bit on the needy side, but we still love him. I love you iHop!! xoxoxo
Happy Vegan Halloween
Yes, Halloween is coming up!! Are you ready?? We are looking forward to having friends over - food, fire, pumpkin beer and trick-or-treaters!! This will be my first Halloween cooking all vegan, so I have my recipes ready and will start cooking the evening before! On the menu: vegan pumpkin chili, cornbread with green chilies, vegan dips and chips!! What are you cooking up?